Key information: Iona
- Scotland's Holy Isle, from which the Irish St. Columba disseminated Christianity to the Scots, is a place of spirit and ravishing beauty.
- After inspecting its numinous sites, wander over its rough hills to admire its glorious beaches and secluded little coves.
- This small island attracts bus-loads of visitors: you won't be alone around the historic centre, but you can get away.
- Walkopedia rating84
- Natural interest14
- Human interest15
- Negative points6
- Total rating84
- Note: Negs: popularity; throngs at the main sites.
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: 101m
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more