The High Divide Loop
Key information: The High Divide Loop
- A very good 2-3 day tramp across higher ground in the north-west of the Olympic NP, with superb views when (!) the weather is good. This, joined with a valley walk such as Sol Duc, would be Walkopedia's back-country choice.
- The Seven Lakes Basin actually has eight or more lakes dotted around this gorgeous subalpine basin, teeming with life. You are very likely to spot a bear, so bear canisters are a must!
- The beauty and tranquility of this place is no secret, and Olympic National Park provides a limited number of permits for overnight campers.
- This is remote mountain walking, on which you will have to be self-sufficient and the weather is often bad here. Come prepared.
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
For more information and photos, including detailed practical information and some warnings, see our Olympic NP walk page.
- Walkopedia rating81
- Natural interest17
- Human interest0
- Negative points2
- Total rating81
- Note: Neg: likely bad weather
- Length: 2-3 days
- Maximum Altitude: 5120ft
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more