Bechler River and Canyon
Key information: Bechler River and Canyon
- The Bechler area of Yellowstone is often known as Cascade corner', thanks to the large number of waterfalls and its being one of the wettest places in the park.
- There are many day hikes and longer walks exploring the beautiful cascades, with a constant view of the Teton peaks, and with beautiful sunsets each evening.
- One of the good shorter options is the Cave Falls Loop (5.6 miles); for a longer trek, the Bechler River Trail (28 miles, 2-3 days) is ideal.
- These can be remote walks, on which you will have to be self sufficient and where flooding and bears can cause real problems. Come prepared.
- Walkopedia rating82
- Natural interest16
- Human interest0
- Negative points0
- Total rating82
- Note: Negs: likely bad/unpredictable weather; heavy loads to carry.
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more