Quinault River Valley
Key information: Quinault River Valley
- Another western valley in the Olympic National Park with huge and ancient rainforest making for fascinating and inspiring walking.
- This is a 13 mile trek from crossing Graves Creek, on a large log bridge and you can walk to Pony Bridge which provides a beautiful and scenic gorge. Then one can carry along to Enchanted Valley.
- Beautiful views of swirling emerald pools and horsetail falls along the canyon walls.
- Bears are common in this area. Please take precautions and bear canisters are essential of the entirety of this trail.
This is remote mountain walking, on which you will have to be self-sufficient and the weather is often bad here. Come prepared.
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
For more information and photos, including detailed practical information and some warnings, see our Olympic NP walk page.
- Walkopedia rating78
- Natural interest17
- Human interest0
- Negative points2
- Total rating78
- Note: Neg: likely bad weather
- Length: 3 miles
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more