Tahtali Dagi (Mt Olympos)
Key information: Tahtali Dagi (Mt Olympos)
- A very long day walk (better to camp overnight) up this fabulous 2,366m limestone excresance behind ancient coastal Phaselis.
- Can be approached from the south, north or west. Tough walks, but magnificent views and lovely scenery and vegetation, including cedars of Lebanon.
- There is now a cable car to near the summit ? a shame for the romance and isolation of the place, but a boon for those who only have limited time (or energy) to spare.
- See Lonely Planet Trekking in Turkey (or Cicerone?s Mountains of Turkey) for detailed information.
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating84
- Natural interest17
- Human interest2
- Negative points0
- Total rating84
- Length: A long day or overnight
- Maximum Altitude: 2,366m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more