Nemrat Dagi NP
Key information: Nemrat Dagi NP
- A 2,050m peak in south-east Turkey with huge, mysterious ancient statues dominating its summit. Hints of Easter Island.
- Beautiful surroundings, historical fascination, but you won?t be alone on top as tours drive up there.
- 12km walk from Karadut on a minor road ? not in itself the world?s most thrilling walk, but worthwhile as part of a more extraordinary experience than driving up gawping and driving away.
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating84
- Natural interest15
- Human interest16
- Negative points10
- Total rating84
- Length: 12km each way
- Maximum Altitude: 2,050m
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more