Key information: Volcan Osorno
- One of the most iconic sites in southern Chile: a striking, Fuji-like outline set amidst stunning Patagonian scenery.
- A damp, maritime climate feeds the glaciers which coat its upper slopes.
- Reach the summit on a 2-3 day tough, reasonably technical climb from the refugio on the volcano?s western slopes, just outside Vicente Perez Rosales NP. You will need to camp.
- All but experienced climbers are advised to tackle Osorno with a qualified guide.
- This is a tough, demanding walk with some technical requirements. Come prepared.
This page is at an early stage of development. Please help us by recommending your best walks/making suggestions and sending photos! Thank you!
- Walkopedia rating78
- Natural interest17
- Human interest0
- Negative points5
- Total rating78
- Note: Negatives: tough ice walk; heavy loads to carry
- Length: 2-3 days
- Maximum Altitude: 2,652m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more