Kiso-Koma-ga-Take and Utsugi-dake loop
Key information: Kiso-Koma-ga-Take and Utsugi-dake loop
- A magnificent ridge walk in the Central Alps taking in 2,956m Kiso-Koma-ga-Take and 2,864m Utsugi-dake. The main ascent is dealt with by a cable car, so this gives a surprisingly high pleasure to trudge ratio.
- Best months: Spring to Autumn. Rainy season is very wet.
- Serious walking in remote mountains, where altitude can be an issue. Come fully prepared. A section in Lonely Planet's Trekking in Japan.
- Find the books and maps listed above, and many more:
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM
- Walkopedia rating85
- Natural interest17
- Human interest2
- Negative points0
- Total rating85
- Length: 25km / 2 Days
- Maximum Altitude: 2,956 m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more