Key information: Bandai-san
- Cross this exceptional exploded volcano in a long demanding day. Enjoy a myriad of lakes and marshes as well as the crazy rocky drama of the high ground. Or walk there-and-back.
- Best months: late June to November.
- Strenuous walking in remote mountains. Come fully prepared. A section in Lonely Planet's Trekking in Japan and a chapter in the charming if now quite old Trekking in Japan: an Adventurer's Guide to the Mountain Trails by Paul Hunt.
- Find the books and maps listed above, and many more:
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating86
- Natural interest18
- Human interest2
- Negative points0
- Total rating86
- Length: Variable but long
- Maximum Altitude: 1,891 m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more