Key information: Banos Area
- Amazingly beautiful landscape around a somewhat spoilt town.
- Great day walks in the area, as well as El Altar and Tungurahua.
- Ecuador Climbing and Hiking Guide - Viva, has a worthwhile section on this area. Find relevant books by using our Amazon search function:
- This can be tough walking in high, remote mountains with unpredictable weather, on which you will have to be self-sufficient and where altitude can cause real problems. Come prepared.
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating88
- Natural interest18
- Human interest4
- Negative points2
- Total rating88
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: Your Choice
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more