Mani Mahesh Kailash
Key information: Mani Mahesh Kailash
- A lovely there-and-back pilgrimage trail through fine forests and meadows to this gorgeous, sacred lake below dramatic Mani Mahesh Kailash, from which you can explore further into the gorgeous meadow of the high range to gain even better views.
- Investigate the area's traditional Hindu way of life.
- You can walk on over the Chobu Pass (tough at 4,940m) to make a superb, 10-or-so-day circuit.
- Be there in mid Sept-mid Oct. Walking in remote mountains, where altitude can cause problems. Come fully prepared. Briefish info in Lonely Planet's Trekking in the Indian Himalaya. Good section in the Trekking and Climbing the Indian Himalaya.
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating91
- Natural interest16
- Human interest10
- Negative points0
- Total rating91
- Note: Neg: altitude
- Length: 40km/3 days
- Maximum Altitude: 4,100m
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more