Key information: Indrahar Pass
- A superb trek crossing the remote and tough Dhaula Dhar Range.
- Folllow old shepherds' trails on this 5 day trek from Macleod Ganj to the Chamba/Ravi Valleys. Wonderful views from the high mountains of the Pir Panjal Range to the north and Mani Makesh Kailash to the east.
- Investigate the area's traditional Hindu way of life.
- Go in Sept-Oct: while you can cross in snow in May and June, the monsoon hits in July/Aug.
- Tough walking in remote mountains, especially the day crossing the Indrahar Pass, which, at 4,350m, can cause altitude problems. Come fully prepared. Briefish info in Lonely Planet's Trekking in the Indian Himalaya. Chapter in Trekking and Climbing in the Indian Himalaya.
This page is at an early stage of development. Please help us by making suggestions and sending photos! Thank you!
- Walkopedia rating88
- Natural interest16
- Human interest8
- Negative points2
- Total rating88
- Note: Neg: altitude
- Length: 62km/5 days
- Maximum Altitude: 4,650m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more