Key information: Alpamayo Loop
- A fine trek in glorious landscape in this high, glaciated range.
- Cross high passes between deep valleys with their remote farming communities.
- Revel in snowy peaks, bright lakes and areas of grassland.
- This is a tough walk in high, remote mountains, on which you will have to be self sufficient and where altitude can cause real problems. Come prepared.
- Walkopedia rating87
- Natural interest15
- Human interest8
- Negative points4
- Total rating87
- Note: Neg: altitude.
- Length: 140km
- 10 days
- Maximum Altitude: 4,850m
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more