Key information: Nanga Parbat
- A choice of three valley walks up to this series of peaks, up to 8,125m high.
- Along the Thupal valley, you get close in under the vast, sheer, naked south face.
- Up the Raikhot valley from the north, you reach the beautiful Fairy Meadows campground, with views of the north face and the Raikhot glacier and icefall. From here, further day walks take you to higher viewpoints.
- The Daimir Valley approaches from the west; it is less frequented but does not have quite such spectacular views as the other walks. IN JUNE 2013, 7 FOREIGNERS WERE MURDERED AT BASE CAMP. THINK HARD AND RESEARCH CAREFULLY BEFORE GOING.
- Walkopedia rating69
- Natural interest16
- Human interest5
- Negative points20
- Total rating69
- Note: Negs: Currently too dangerous to visit
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: Variable: 3,500m upwards
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more