Key information: Haraz Mountains
- Yemen's beautiful scenery and fascinating culture are virtually untouched by the western world.
- Various possible routes take you through scenery ranging from tough, dry mountains to deserts to lush valleys.
- Experience the ancient Yemeni way of life in fortified villages, some on tremendous crags, with their colourful markets and unchanged traditions.
- These can be tough walks in high, remote mountains, which have not yet been reliably mapped, and whose conservative inhabitants can easily by accidentally offended. It is strongly advised to travel with a guide. Come prepared.
- Walkopedia rating68
- Natural interest14
- Human interest12
- Negative points20
- Total rating68
- Note: Neg: War Zone!
- Length: Multi-day
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more