Key information: Gorilla Walk
- Walk with a guide through the misty bamboo forest of Virungas National Park to find groups of endangered gorillas.
- Sit and watch these giants as they eat shoots and leaves and test out their family structures. While you need to keep a respectful distance, you will be able to observe these magnificent creatures closely as they eat, play and bicker.
- A fascinating and inspiring, unpredictable walk; where you go and how long it takes will depend on where the gorillas are. If you are unlucky, you won't find the gorillas, so allow time to try more than once.
- Walkopedia rating81
- Natural interest19
- Human interest0
- Negative points0
- Total rating81
- Length: Variable (day or less)
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more