Key information: Hua Shan
- One of China's five sacred Taoist mountains, a spectacular mass of granite soaring above the hazy plains of Shaanxi province.
- A long, tough slog on ancient steps up long slopes of bare rock (can be avoided by cable car), then along a dizzy spine of the mountain to its many peaked crown.
- Ancient temples and pagodas, pines clinging to cliff faces, but plenty of other visitors.
- Walkopedia rating85
- Natural interest15
- Human interest14
- Negative points8
- Total rating85
- Note: Neg: crowding in places.
- Length: Day or less
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.