Tsurphu to Yangpachen
Key information: Tsurphu to Yangpachen
- A fine trek along herders' tracks across the vast, empty, barren Tibetan plateau from Tsurphu monastery to Yangpachen.
- Mountains, high pastures, rough hamlets, monasteries
- Start with a kora (sacred circumambulation) around one of Tibet's great monasteries, set in a magical valley deep in the mountains of the high plateau.
- This is a tough walk in remote country where the altitude can cause trouble. Come prepared.
- Walkopedia rating83
- Natural interest15
- Human interest8
- Negative points3
- Total rating83
- Note: Neg: altitude
- Length: 3-4 days
- Maximum Altitude: 5,300m
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more