Key information: Reunion Island
- A fantastic variety of landscape, from lunar volcanoes to grand cirques to lush forest and beaches.
- Three huge cirques (ice-formed amphitheatres) have been carved around the 3,070m Piton des Neiges in an ace of clubs shape to give ludicrously dramatic walking.
- Then wander around the active volcano Piton de la Fournaise, evidence of the violent activity that has produced this island in less than 3 million years.
- Wonderful scenery is enhanced by a huge variety of thoroughly exotic plants (with numerous micro-climates) and animals.
- Then, hit a beach for a well-deserved limb bask.
- Our friends Kudu Travel do an excellent looking Reunion expedition. Find them at www.kudutravel.com.
Walkopedia rating(Top 100)
- Walkopedia rating90
- Natural interest18
- Human interest6
- Negative points0
- Total rating90
- Length: Variable
- Day walks
- Maximum Altitude: 3,070m
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more