Bozburun / Hisaronu Peninsula
Key information: Bozburun / Hisaronu Peninsula
- This long peninsula near Marmaris at mainland Turkey?s extreme south-west has pine-clad mountains, contorted coastline and good walking.
- Still (relatively) unspoilt: while it is hard to escape modernity?s encroachments entirely, you can get away?
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating83
- Natural interest15
- Human interest8
- Negative points0
- Total rating83
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
There is a wide range of lovely walks on the Bozburun (or Hisar?n? or Loryma) peninsula, a protuberance of ancient Carrya.
Relative isolation has left a lot of unspoilt landscape to explore.
Enjoy scented pine forest cladding rough mountains ? or the barer hillsides of the south with their wide sea views. Clamber on seaside cliffs to reach isolated coves.
Get Lonely Planet?s Trekking in Turkey and Cicerone?s The Mountains of Turkey for detailed information. Good walks include:
- Walk from Camiyani to Turun?, via hills, a lovely beach, then crossing more hills with excellent views, past the remains of ancient Amos.
- A canyon with waterfall, then pine-clad hills, between Değirmenalti (near Turgut) and Akbag.
- A trail along the slender promontory from Taşhca to the site of ancient Loryma at its seaward end.
This page is at an early stage of development. Please help us by making suggestions and sending photos! Thank you!
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more