Key information: Fethiye Area
- There are some fine walks around this over-large tourist town.
- Walk south - much of the way on old cobbles - across a hill-girt little plain to Makri (Kayak?y?), the largest Greek ghost town in Asia Minor, which was emptied during the upheavals of the 1920s. Then take a choice of routes on southward.
- Hike in a long day from Ovacik across a mountain saddle, through forest and maquis scrub, down to the village of Dip and back up to the wondrously atmospheric, tomb-thronged ruins of ancient Pinara. Part of this walk is the start of the Lycian Way.
- To the south is also the wonderful Butterfly Valley. Walk in down the spectacular cliffs from Faralya - not for those with vertigo. Great walking, and a fine beach, but you wont be alone when you get there.
- For more on these walks, see Lonely Planet Trekking in Turkey.
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating85
- Natural interest14
- Human interest15
- Negative points0
- Total rating85
- Length: Variable
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more