Cilo / Sat Dağlari
Key information: Cilo / Sat Dağlari
- Claimed to be the most spectacular mountains in south-east Turkey, 11 peaks over 3,500m.
- Rugged peaks, glaciers, streams, forests, meadows ? all within a couple of hundred km of the deserts of Iran and Iraq.
- Long treks in the two halves of the range. Shorter walks also possible.
- Close to the Iraq and Iran borders. Has regularly been closed due to Kurdish guerilla activity. Check current status before thinking of going there.
- These can be tough walks in high, remote mountains, on which you will have to be self-sufficient and where altitude can cause problems. Come prepared
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating85
- Natural interest17
- Human interest2
- Negative points0
- Total rating85
- Length: Variable
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more