Key information: Altiparmak Range
- Explore the Altiparmak, a subsidiary range to the north-east of the main Ka?kar massif.
- Options include a 3 to 4 day traverse and a 4-8 day walk from the main Ka?kar massif along the south-eastern sides of the Altiparmaks. (Length depends on number of day walks you add in.)
- Wonderful scenery and delightful isolation: less visited than the main Ka?kar massif.
- Superb day walks about, in particular from the fine base camp at Karu Lake, under the high peaks.
- This can be tough walking in high, remote mountains: be prepared.
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating86
- Natural interest16
- Human interest4
- Negative points0
- Total rating86
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: Not known
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more