Key information: Huchuyqosqo
- Fantastic day-walk in the high Andean landscape beyond Cuzco, and traversing a section of the Sacred Valley.
- Via a steep ridge, follow the trail over and into a plunging valley with its fascinating Inca ruins - the stone and adobe (mud-brick) archaeological site of Huchuyqosqo.
- A great warm-up for one of the longer, multi-day Inca Trails. This walk is still tough, with steep ascents and descents to altiplano and puna grassland. Come prepared.
- See our Inca Trails page for detailed practical information and links to more walks in Peru.
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating97
- Natural interest15
- Human interest16
- Negative points0
- Total rating97
- Length: 2-6 hours
- Day or less
- Level of Difficulty: Straightforward
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more