Kong Lin (Confucian Forest)
Key information: Kong Lin (Confucian Forest)
- Fascinating walk in the cemetery-park where Confucius, his descendents and many of his disciples are buried.
- Innumerable memorials, mounds, gates and pavilions.
- 20,000 trees in 200 hectares surrounded by 10km of wall.
- The key sights can get crowded; strike off the main circular drag and stroll alone through this pretty woodland, amid endless grey stones. Contemplate gently.
- Walkopedia rating79
- Natural interest10
- Human interest18
- Negative points5
- Total rating79
- Note: Negs: crowding and buggies in key places
- Length: Variable; not long (1-2 hrs)
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Straightforward
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more