Geyser Area Trails
Key information: Geyser Area Trails
- Yellowstone National Park is home to nearly 60% of the world's geysers, and amongst these are some of the best known the most famous being the fantastic Old Faithful. The astonishing features found at Yellowstone inspired stories of fire and brimstone' from their earliest visitors.
- Walk through this extraordinary area. With some geysers erupting regularly and others at random, you may need to plan your route to see them in action, but they are definitely worth waiting for.
- The thermal areas hold their own dangers; boiling water sometimes lies under a thin crust, and people have been injured or even killed by the scalding water. Do not stray from paths, and don't swim or bath in hot springs.
- Walkopedia rating80
- Natural interest18
- Human interest0
- Negative points0
- Total rating80
- Note: Negs: popularity; unpredictable weather.
- Length: Day or less.
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more