Key information: Mount Washburn
- The hike up to the summit of Mount Washburn provides some of the best views over the Yellowstone park, and is relatively straightforward and achievable as even a family walk. Some claim it is the park's best walk.
- From here you can see the Yellowstone's Grand Canyon, part of Yellowstone lake, and the peaks of the Tetons range - and you may even catch an eruption of Old Faithful.
- A highlight is the beautiful wildflowers, which produce remarkable displays of varied, brilliant colours in summer.
- There are two trails going up to the summit, each offering different panoramic views. Bears can cause problems. Come prepared.
- Walkopedia rating83
- Natural interest16
- Human interest0
- Negative points2
- Total rating83
- Note: Negs: unpredictable weather.
- Length: 10km round trip
- Maximum Altitude: 2,698m
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more