Key information: Royal Trek
- Delightful ridge walk with outstanding morning views of the Annapurna peaks in their full glory.
- Pass through remote villages, fields and forest on this ridge east of Pokhara. Camping is required.
- This route is called the 'Royal Trek' because the UK's Prince Charles trekked here in 1980. Also known as the Annapurna Skyline Trek.
Walkopedia rating(Top 100)
- Walkopedia rating90
- Natural interest14
- Human interest12
- Negative points0
- Total rating90
- Length: 4 days
- Maximum Altitude: A bit over 1,730m
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more