Key information: Mount Rinjani
- Fascinating and beautiful trek up this active volcano, which dominates this Indonesian island.
- A spectacular range of scenery, from the rainforests of its lower slopes to the cliffs of the huge caldera.
- Both the mountain and its caldera lake of Segara Anak, 1km below the rim, are sacred to the local people, and you may encounter pilgrimages being made to the lake.
- With the peak at 3,726m and tropical heat and humidity to deal with, this is a challenging walk.
- Walkopedia rating89
- Natural interest19
- Human interest2
- Negative points2
- Total rating89
- Length: 3/4 Days
- Maximum Altitude: 3,726m
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more