Key information: Martindale
- Exceptionally pretty walking to the east of Ullswater.
- Ranging from a delightful circuit from Howton behind the lakeside, to easy climbs to low fells (eg Hallin Fell) with lovely lakeside views, to an attack on the High Street ridge.
- Howton to Patterdale: take a ferry to Howton from Glenridding and walk back through lower Martindale and beside Ullswater, claimed to be Lakeland's most beautiful lakeside walk (this is of course heavily contested). 7 miles. Gets crowded at peak times.
- See our Lake District page for further photos and general and practical information.
- Walkopedia rating88
- Natural interest14
- Human interest12
- Negative points0
- Total rating88
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: 828m
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more