Great Carr & Swirl How
Key information: Great Carr & Swirl How
- Climb these adjacent peaks for outstanding views of central and southern Lakeland.
- A reasonably easy walk from Wrynose Pass; a longer one from Dunnerdale to the west or Coniston to the east. A wonderful circuit on round over Wether Lam and down to Little Langdale.
- There are no less than 25 inspiring Cicerone guide books on the Lake District (their speciality)! Have a look at their website. Find relevant books by using our Amazon search function:
- See our Lake District page for further photos and general and practical information.
- Walkopedia rating84
- Natural interest15.5
- Human interest6
- Negative points0
- Total rating84
- Length: 8km +
- Maximum Altitude: 802m (Swirl How)
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more