Key information: Great Gable
- One of the Lakes' finest mountains, sitting at the heart of the range with magnificent views all around.
- Approaches from Ennerdale, Wasdale and Seathwait. Can be incorporated into long ridge walks, including Pillar, Haystacksand even across to the Scafell Massif.
- There are no less than 25 inspiring Cicerone guide books on the Lake District (their speciality)! Have a look at their website. Find relevant books by using Amazon search function:
- See our Lake District page for further photos and general and practical information.
- Walkopedia rating88
- Natural interest15.5
- Human interest10
- Negative points0
- Total rating88
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: 899m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more