Key information: Monemvasia
- Explore this fascinating, delightful and well restored medieval city at the foot of its impregnable rock in the sea off the Peloponnese's eastern peninsula, then walk around the foot of that rock. Really memorable.
- Not worth a detour just for this walk (qua walk), but do allow time if visiting Monemvasia.
- Monemvasia can be heaving with tourists in the middle of the day, so best to explore here morning or evening. The marvellous Upper City on the high rock is closed for restoration for the foreseeable future.
- Sunflower's Landscapes of the Southern Peloponnese has 30 walks, including on this walk. Find relevant books by using our Amazon search function:
- Walkopedia rating80
- Natural interest8
- Human interest18
- Negative points4
- Total rating80
- Note: Neg: tourism
- Length: 4km / 2.5 hours
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more