Polemitas to Alypa Cove
Key information: Polemitas to Alypa Cove
- Cross Mt. Sangias from the plateau to its west, then drop to a remote cove on the east coast, once a pirates' hangout.
- Pay homage to the remains of the Doric temples at Aigila and visit remote settlements and a ruined monastery.
- Can be cloud-covered, which can make way finding hard. Beware.
- Sunflower's Landscapes of the Southern Peloponnese has 30 walks, including on this walk, which is their favourite Deep Mani walk. Find relevant books by using our Amazon search function:
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
Find these and other books on Amazon.
- Walkopedia rating91
- Natural interest14
- Human interest15
- Negative points0
- Total rating91
- Length: 5.3km
- 11 hours
- Maximum Altitude: 650m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more