Key information: El Chaupi
- A gorgeous walk across rough paramo, taking in three minor peaks. Huge views of surrounding volcanoes, and also of lovely farmland valleys, so a delightful variety to enjoy.
- This is a (relatively) lower-level walk, so a good acclimatizer - and is usually cloud free. Day walk from Quito. It is still strenuous walking in high, remote mountains, though. Come prepared.
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- For more information and photos, including detailed practical information and some warnings, see our Quito Area walk page.
- Walkopedia rating85
- Natural interest16
- Human interest5
- Negative points0
- Total rating85
- Length: 12 km / 5-6 hrs
- Maximum Altitude: 3,995 m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more