Key information: Miya-Jima
- Climb to a famous viewpoint on this attractive, forested island in the bay south of Hiroshima.
- This is an ancient route, so you will pass shrines and temples on the way. Gaze back on the great Itsukushima-jinja "floating torii" in the sea (one of the "three famous views of Japan"), where you start and finish.
- A section in Lonely Planet's Trekking in Japan. Find relevant books by using our Amazon search function:
- This is a frequently wet area. Come prepared.
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating87
- Natural interest14
- Human interest14
- Negative points0
- Total rating87
- Length: 10km/4hrs
- Maximum Altitude: 530 m
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more