Key information: Kugti Pass
- A superb trek on old shepherds' trails crossing the remote and tough snow-topped Pir Panjal Range, from the Ravi Valley to Lauhal.
- While you will start in lovely forest, most of the time you will be in meadows and rocky highlands. Demanding trekking at the higher end, but you will enjoy wonderful views from the high mountains.
- Investigate the area's traditional Hindu way of life.
- Go in mid-Sept to mid-Oct: snow still lies in May and June, and in July/Aug are monsoon time.
- Tough walking in remote mountains, especially the day crossing the Jugti Pass, which, at 5,040m, is likely to cause altitude issues of not problems. Come fully prepared. Briefish info in Lonely Planet's Trekking in the Indian Himalaya.
ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating86
- Natural interest16
- Human interest8
- Negative points3
- Total rating86
- Note: Ne
- Length: 70km/5 days
- Maximum Altitude: 5,040m
- Level of Difficulty: Strenuous
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more