Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
Key information: Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
- A variety of lovely walking in these forested hills the south of the Nanda Devi massif.
- Unspoilt and varied forests (oak to pine to rhododendron), superb views from the high ridges of the snowy Nanda Devi massif, including from Pakua Top toward the huge Pindari Glacier.
- The cooperation of the local villagers to protecting the area has been obtained by a visionary scheme whereby they are involved and benefit: stay in their guesthouses and use them as guides. The villages are charming, the people friendly but unpushy, their way of life largely intact: marvel at their terraced fields.
- Walkopedia rating85
- Natural interest17
- Human interest4
- Negative points0
- Total rating85
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: 3,000+m
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more