Key information: Maladeta Massif
- A huge area of hard granite with ice fields on its northern heights, below a line of over - 3,000m - peaks.
- Numerous caves and tarns nestle in a fiercely barren and tough landscape. The lower slopes and valleys provide a richly abundant floral and forestry contrast.
- A wide variety of excellent walks, including bagging superb views on the likes of Pico de Alba, Pico de la Maladeta and 3,404m Pico de Aneto. A lot more popular than some other areas, but deservedly so.
- This can be tough walking in high, remote mountains, with very unpredictable weather. Come prepared.
This page is at an early stage of development. Please help us by making suggestions and sending photos! Thank you!
For more information and photos, including on wildlife and the landscape and including detailed practical information and some warnings, see our Spanish Pyrenees walk page.
- Walkopedia rating80
- Natural interest16
- Human interest0
- Negative points0
- Total rating80
- Length: variable
- Maximum Altitude: 3,404m
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more