Around Yangshuo, Guilin
Key information: Around Yangshuo, Guilin
- Guilin's limestone spires rising from the paddy-fields around the Li River have been famous for millennia, nourishing the great traditions of Chinese landscape painting.
- The market town of Yangshuo, some 80 kilometres downstream from the city of Guilin, is at the centre of some of the finest scenery.
- Strike out along trails from village to traditional village, beside the Li River or out among the crags and fields.
Walkopedia rating(Top 100)
- Walkopedia rating88
- Natural interest17
- Human interest12
- Negative points5
- Total rating88
- Note: Negs: tourists; some modernity.
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: Low
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more