Cirque de Lescun
Key information: Cirque de Lescun
- This area south-west of Lescun in the Vallée d?Aspe boasts excellent walking in what many think is the French Pyrenees' loveliest area.
- The 2,000m mountains that mark the high ridge are in stark contrast ? spikes and cliffs of grey limestone above perfect high lakes - to the lushly beautiful Apse valley.
- Moderate walking peaks produce asymmetrically thrilling experiences.
- The HRP (Pyrenean High Route) passes through, and you can walk sections of it.
- Walks range from a few hours to the 4 day circuit taking in both the lower slopes and the high border crags. Stay in refuges and the village of Borce. A very fine walk.
- Further east in the Vallée is more fine walking, including the vertiginous Chemin de la Mature, a loggers' path cut into spectacular cliffs.
- This can be tough walking in high, remote mountains, with unpredictable weather. Come prepared.
This page is at an early stage of development. Please help us by making suggestions and sending photos! Thank you!
For more information and photos, including on wildlife and the landscape and including detailed practical information and some warnings, see our French Pyrenees walk page.
- Walkopedia rating84
- Natural interest16
- Human interest3
- Negative points0
- Total rating84
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more