Key information: Gourette
- A lower but thoroughly challenging massif standing out to the north of the high range on the French side.
- The central, lake studded valley, surrounded by the massif's high ridges, contains some exquisite walking.
- Some fabulous ridge walks as well as reasonably straightforward walking summits.
- The ski-areas are a bit depressing.
- Join the GR10 for a day.
- This can be tough walking in high, remote mountains, with unpredictable weather. Come prepared.
This page is at an early stage of development. Please help us by making suggestions and sending photos! Thank you!
For more information and photos, including on wildlife and the landscape and including detailed practical information and some warnings, see our French Pyrenees walk page.
- Walkopedia rating83
- Natural interest16
- Human interest3
- Negative points0
- Total rating83
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: (to be assessed)
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more