Pic du Midi d'Ossau
Key information: Pic du Midi d'Ossau
- This is one huge (2,884m) stand-alone peak, a classic rocky massif standing clear on the French side of the high range.
- A variety of outstanding walking, from lake visits to the high peak itself.
- The walk around it (the Tour du Pic du Midi) is one of the finest in the Pyrenees, and can be completed in one or an extended two day option (recommended)
- The Pic can be ascended with some scrambling and risk of dislodged rocks, in a tough day from the Pombie refuge (which is itself a couple of hours or more to reach), revealing exceptional views.
- This can be tough walking in high, remote mountains, with unpredictable weather. Come prepared.
This page is at an early stage of development. Please help us by making suggestions and sending photos! Thank you!
For more information and photos, including on wildlife and the landscape and including detailed practical information and some warnings, see our French Pyrenees walk page.
- Walkopedia rating84
- Natural interest16
- Human interest4
- Negative points0
- Total rating84
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: 2,884m
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more