Key information: Matterhorn Circuit
- The Matterhorn: a mountain that everyone knows - we will avoid that lazy word "iconic".
- A spectacular circuit of the massif of which the great mountain is the crown. Superb views: peaks, lakes, glaciers, high pastures and timeless villages.
- Crossing some major ski areas is a bit of a spoiler.
Walkopedia rating(Top 100)
- Walkopedia rating89.5
- Natural interest15
- Human interest7.5
- Negative points2
- Total rating89.5
- Note: Glacier crossings. Neg: modernity.
- Length: 8-12 days
- Maximum Altitude: 3,479m
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more